The actuator "FG-ONE"
The FG-ONE is a plug & play actuator based on shape memory alloys. It can ideally be used for unlocking and positioning tasks. In doing so, it can achieve a nominal stroke of up to 4.5 mm with forces of up to 15 N. Its robust design is equipped with overload protection so that it automatically detects a system overload. The FG-ONE can also be used as a linear or proportional actuator. Its electrical resistance signal or an external sensor can be used for position control.
The FG-ONE operates according to the proven principle of an “arc” actuator, where the FG wire is loaded centrally.
Key data of the SMA actuator: “FG-ONE”
- Stroke max. 4.5mm
- Available with and without preload
- Max. Force ranges: 4N to 15N (Newton)
- Max. Duty cycle: 90min without adjusted control | more than 240 h with external control unit
- Over > 500,000 cycles / movements (see table)
- Temperature range: -20°C to + 70°C [Can be extended if required]
Advantages of our SMA actuators:
What advantages does an SMA actuator offer:
- noise-free operation
- electromagnetic harmlessness (no magnetic fields, no permanent magnet)
- very low weight and flat design
- built-in overload protection
- built-in overheating protection
- high weather resistance (very wide operating range and high corrosion resistance)
- emergency overload capability
- few meachanic parts